Sunday, May 5, 2013

I heart serial killers



Especially ones named Dexter Morgan.

Okay, so before you attack me, I'm talking about the fictional show that's showing on showtime called Dexter. No, it's not about a little red-headed boy and his annoying sister who constantly comes into his lab, Well, this Dexter does have a lab, but it's a forensics one. 

Season eight of Dexter is going to be premiering soon and to be honest, I'm sad to say that it's going to be the last season as well.  The show focuses around Dexter Morgan, dad, brother, forensics worker by day, serial killer by night. He targets killers or other criminals that have fallen through the system of justice, thus giving him a reason to justify his killings. He was orphaned at the age of 3, and was adopted by a cop named Harry Morgan. His foster sister, Debra Morgan works with him at the Miami metro. 


I'm not going to spoil anything for you since that's the show's job to stomp all over your heart.

The show's very suspenseful and you'll be surprised to find yourself on Dexter's side, and well, even feeling sorry for him.  

Scratch that, he has no feelings and enjoys what he does so I don't feel sorry for him. Yeah.


In other news, Daft Punk is coming out with a new album soon. If you've been friends with me for a long time, you'd  know of my long-lasting love for those french electronic dance music robots.  So far they've released one song this year after a very long period of silence called Get Lucky.. and I have to say, I like it very, very much.

However, what I don't like is the whiny retards complaining about the style of the music. It's a little bit more traditional, old-school daft punk, that wonderful mixture of electronic and rock. However, there's a small percentage of the DP fandom who expect them to be 'drawpinn da bassss x333' like skrillex or whatever. Grow up already.




Now I'm going to do something a little different. I've been following this musician for a while, around the time he released his album "Soundtrack for a Film that Doesn't Exist". His name is johnny_ripper, or more plainly, Jean.  His music is a very unique style, a crisp, clean sounding kind of music that you can listen to in any mood.

He's very underrated, and his music could be much more recognized. He's inspired my art ever since I discovered him and I'm sure it shows in some pictures. He just recently released his newest album, 'Outsider' and it's free for you to download.




I'm afraid it's time for me to leave you now, but I'll return soon, I promise.


I leave you with:


No comments:

Post a Comment